Google Drive is an easy, free service that makes it easy to share files with others.
- You must create a Google account to use Drive. We recommend using the e-mail address that you use every day to do this. If you have not created a Google account, you can learn how at the link below
- Once you have a Google account and are logged in, you will see the word “Drive” at the top of the screen in the black bar. Clicking on Drive will take you to the Drive interface and you can upload files and/or entire folders. If you need help uploading files, you can learn how at the following link:
- Once you have uploaded the file/folder, be sure to share it with the e-mail address of the person you would like to share it with. If you are having trouble sharing files, you can get help at:
- Videos – please choose a web-based, low-resolution format when recording videos. When you upload, we also recommend that when prompted you choose “Convert to Google Docs format” for videos. This will take up less storage space on the drive and will be much faster for the person you are sharing the video with to view.
- When sharing, it is best to use the sharing notification service to let the person know that you have shared something with them. Be careful if you know someone with multiple e-mail addresses that you share with the correct address – that is the most common problem.
- If you run into any other trouble, Google has many resources. Go to google.com and type your question and you will see many resources to help you.